Vision & Mission
District vision: “A Transformed Population that is Productive and Prosperous by 2040”.
Goal: “To achieve Sustainable Socio-Economic Transformation and Improved Standards of Living for the People of Kween District by 2030”
Theme: “Sustainable Industrialization for Inclusive Growth, Employment and Sustainable Wealth Creation”
District mission: “To effectively and efficiently deliver services for sustainable socio-economic transformation, prosperity and quality of life for the people of Kween district through accountable governance”.
District core values: The plan adopted the following principles and core values:
ii. Political will
iv. Good governance
v. Availability of resources
vii. Mindset change
viii. Effective Monitoring and Evaluation system
District Mandate and Strategic Objectives
The overall mandate of Kween District Local Government is to provide efficient and effective service delivery to the communities.
• Initiation and formulation of policies for the district local governments;
• Formulation of projects, district development plans and district work plans, and monitor the implementation, in consultation with the LLGs and the communities;
• Production of statistics and storage of other information relevant to the operations of the district;
• Provision, management and coordination of education services in the district, covering nursery, primary, secondary, trade, technical, and special education;
• Provision, facilitation and coordination of health services in the district, including PHC, medical services, disease control, vector control and sanitation services;
• Initiation, guidance, promotion and support of livestock, crop, fisheries, apiculture and sericulture production and productivity, and ensuring their effective marketing;
• Provision, coordination and guidance of vermin control services;
• Promotion and regulation of industrial and commercial services;
• Provision of technical services and supervision of the construction and maintenance of infrastructure and public facilities in the district, including feeder roads, buildings, communication facilities and water supplies;
• Provision, guidance and promotion of community – based services including social rehabilitation and probation and welfare, culture, gender and development, youth affairs, community development, and adult literacy programmes;
• Promotion and facilitation of sporting activities;
• Support for and implementation of poverty alleviation programmes in the district;
• Facilitation and promotion of the availability, productivity and welfare of labour in the district;
• Planning, coordination and regulation of land use and management, including surveying, physical planning, valuation, registration and administration;
• Provision of guidance to the community on sustainable use and utilization of forests, wetlands and the environment, and their development and preservation;
• Mobilization, collection and management of the revenues of the district, and ensuring value for money in all areas of service provision;
• Planning, management and development of the human resources of the district;
• Supervision and coordination of the operations of the LLGs of the district;
• Promotion of democratic and accountable local governance and peace in the district.
District Strategic Objectives
• To contribute to sustainable growth of the local economy
• To improve the district infrastructural set ups and ensure improved service delivery
• To identify and collect sufficient revenue to ensure that adequate service delivery standards are met.
• To ensure improved welfare of the community
• To promote security of persons and resources
• To promote democratic and accountable local governance.
• To ensure disaster mitigation measures are in place
• To increase the levels of education and literacy in the district;
• To provide adequate and accessible health services to the people of the district;
• To ensure food self – sufficiency and food security in the district, and the effective marketing of agricultural produce and products;
• To ensure that the natural resources within the local government are well utilized and maintained in a sustainable manner.